Homes, for most of us, are more than an address and a place to dwell. It is an accurate representation of who we are as a person and our social stature. Often we find ourselves devouring home decor magazines and scouring the length and breath of the globe to find things and memories to adorn our homes. The idea mostly is to give it a distinctive look and feel that bears close resemblance to our personas. Home decor plays a major role not only in setting one’s home apart from the other, but also in creating a distinctive ambiance within the home space.
A well aligned decor scheme turns heads, lifts moods and gives the home a more personalized feel. Now, few may prefer classy, timeless decor while others may prefer quirky or contemporary decor trends. In this blog we present few absolute must-try decor trends, along with few fun decor tips and tricks.
1) Sprawl in style! – Formal sofas are a thing of the past and are being rapidly replaced by their contemporary cousins- chaise lounge and bean bags! If you are one of those who prefer their living room to be high on comfort, then you can easily bid your chunky sofa set an adieu and opt for sleep lounge chairs or a chaise lounge.
2) Wood looks good always! – There is something raw and elegant about an all wood decor! Its pale, light shades lend a soft and warm feel to the room. So, when in doubt opt for a classy wood decor! Glossy or matte- whatever your preference may be.
3) Make a statement with lights! – Strategically placed lights and lamps add a certain unexplainable magic to the whole room. One can smartly highlight exciting aspects of the room and also hide the flaws in the decor using lights. Apart from that, lights also add to the ambiance of the room making it warmer and happier. Choose from a wide range of lamps and lighting options.
4) Throw in a rug- A beautiful rug or carpet not only adorns the floor but also ties all the elements of the decor together. One must always take time and research well before choosing a rug or carpet. Make sure you choose a rug in a fabric that is easy to maintain and clean. Also make sure that it matches or contrasts in colour with all or at least most decor elements of the room. Opt for delicate motifs or go all out with abstract prints to give your decor a fun feel.
5) Colour me right! - The colours that your walls flaunt play a major role in making or breaking the whole look and feel of your home. They in a way form the foundation of the way your home would look. If chosen well, they beautifully complement and bring out the best in your decor. However, if you end up picking the wrong shade, then it will not only dampen the glory of your decor but will also have a negative effect on your mood. When in doubt, never hesitate taking help from the experts. Also, you could opt for Pantone certified colours of the year to stay on trend!
6) Prints, floral or geometric – Another great way to jazz up the interiors is by adding bold elements in small doses. While Aztec or tribal prints add a raw feel to the room, floral prints make it seem soft and summery. Geometric prints add a fun and quirky element to the room and perfectly complement plain walls and clean decor schemes.
Our home is a reflection of who we are. Choose your favourite decor trends and tricks to adorn it and watch it dazzle and shine, just like the way it is destined to be.
I’ve been a sports person, and also captained my throwball and volleyball teams. I understand the importance of extracurricular activities in our growing up years.
Trainings provide a child with the required discipline when working within teams as well as gives one the chance to follow what makes you happy. It also enables an overall development!
Dance has been my passion since I was a child and I have been thrilled to see both my little ones have this in their genes too.
This opportunity really came to my doorstep through Gera. My daughters Lavanya and Diya have had an enthralling experience being a part of not just one but three Academies (The Shiamak Davar Dan..
I cannot thank you enough for making our journey with Gera so so interesting and mind-blowing. I had never ever imagined my life taking a beautiful turn with me beginning to start my career as a music teacher that too with SMA (Shankar Mahadevan Academy) and all this has been possible only because of GERA and YOU my dear.
It is only because of your efforts and kind gesture that I could meet the man himself (Shankar Ji) and have a small recording session with him. That was like a dream come true.
I am super excited to start my journey with SMA and Gera as a teacher now.
Apart from that, Me and Prateek have always been grateful to you for making Shiamak happen for us and I ..
It was indeed a pleasure being a part of the Christmas celebrations at Astoria. Kudos to the Gera team for bringing in such a wonderful event with great carol singing participation from our own kids. It brought in the spirit of Christmas and the games, Santa, the gifts only added to it. Thanks for organising such a wonderful event which helped in community building...looking forward to many more such celebrations!..
The Christmas event organised at Astoria was a big success and a big step in bridging the gap between us and Gera. It was a memorable event as we are still in the beginning of our journey of life in our little home at Astoria. The kids have been the happiest of all and what more can we ask for when we see smiles on the faces of our little ones. Kudos to you and your team for making this event a huge success! Looking forward to many more in the years to come...
The Christmas party organised by Gera at Astoria this year was a great success with good participation from kids and parents. Our children Sia and Saish enjoyed the party to the fullest. Sia, in particular, had a gala time and reiterated her stand that Anita aunty's parties are THE BEST.... We as your customers take much pride in informing our friends that such goodwill gestures are one of the many differentiators Gera brings to us, which no other builder in Goa can boast of. Many thanks to you and your team for doing an excellent job in putting up this event. We look forward to the next one! A big thanks to the Gera Management for its efforts in community building...