|Call: +91 89 2854 1424|
Homes, for most of us, are more than an address and a place to dwell. It is an accurate representation of who we are as a person and our social stature. Often we find ourselves devouring home decor magazines and scouring the length and breath of the globe to find things and memories to adorn our homes. The idea mostly is to give it a distinctive look and feel that bears close resemblance to our personas. Home decor plays a major role not only in setting one’s home apart from the other, but also in creating a distinctive ambiance within the home space.
A well aligned decor scheme turns heads, lifts moods and gives the home a more personalized feel. Now, few may prefer classy, timeless decor while others may prefer quirky or contemporary decor trends. In this blog we present few absolute must-try decor trends, along with few fun decor tips and tricks.
1) Sprawl in style! – Formal sofas are a thing of the past and are being rapidly replaced by their contemporary cousins- chaise lounge and bean bags! If you are one of those who prefer their living room to be high on comfort, then you can easily bid your chunky sofa set an adieu and opt for sleep lounge chairs or a chaise lounge.
2) Wood looks good always! – There is something raw and elegant about an all wood decor! Its pale, light shades lend a soft and warm feel to the room. So, when in doubt opt for a classy wood decor! Glossy or matte- whatever your preference may be.
3) Make a statement with lights! – Strategically placed lights and lamps add a certain unexplainable magic to the whole room. One can smartly highlight exciting aspects of the room and also hide the flaws in the decor using lights. Apart from that, lights also add to the ambiance of the room making it warmer and happier. Choose from a wide range of lamps and lighting options.
4) Throw in a rug- A beautiful rug or carpet not only adorns the floor but also ties all the elements of the decor together. One must always take time and research well before choosing a rug or carpet. Make sure you choose a rug in a fabric that is easy to maintain and clean. Also make sure that it matches or contrasts in colour with all or at least most decor elements of the room. Opt for delicate motifs or go all out with abstract prints to give your decor a fun feel.
5) Colour me right! - The colours that your walls flaunt play a major role in making or breaking the whole look and feel of your home. They in a way form the foundation of the way your home would look. If chosen well, they beautifully complement and bring out the best in your decor. However, if you end up picking the wrong shade, then it will not only dampen the glory of your decor but will also have a negative effect on your mood. When in doubt, never hesitate taking help from the experts. Also, you could opt for Pantone certified colours of the year to stay on trend!
6) Prints, floral or geometric – Another great way to jazz up the interiors is by adding bold elements in small doses. While Aztec or tribal prints add a raw feel to the room, floral prints make it seem soft and summery. Geometric prints add a fun and quirky element to the room and perfectly complement plain walls and clean decor schemes.
Our home is a reflection of who we are. Choose your favourite decor trends and tricks to adorn it and watch it dazzle and shine, just like the way it is destined to be.
It has been a wonderful experience in owning a commercial space at Gera's latest offering in Goa GERA GRAND.
How has your experience been of owning a commercial space with Gera?
My experience has been excellent. I have purchased an office in Gera’s Imperium 2 and a s..
Having a commercial space in and around Panjim was our long desire and this could be possible with Gera’s.
Patto Plaza has ..
First of all I would like to thank you and the Gera team for organizing different workshops at our doorstep.
The best thing I have done to my kids is that I took a right decision to buy a flat in Gera.
Because of this decision , Vishnu could attend the development workshops that were conducted.
Vishnu was a shy child who didn't like to participate in any of the programmes.
As far as Dale Carnegie workshops is concerned it has given him a lot of confidence and was presenting things in a much better way and I can see a lot of improvement in him.In simple words u made a person(..
My son Tattva had been enrolled in the intermediate level and has been coached by the Vishwanathan Anand Chess Academy coach . Tattva has made remarkable strides and will be on his way to get his FIDE rating in November. A lot of credit goes to the mentor for his unique way of handling his students. He has been very patient while working with Tattva on his areas of improvement. In addition before the tournament the coach had voluntarily added additional classes and doubled his efforts to get a better performance out of Tattva. He has shown complete ownership which is commendable. I hope he continues to develop more and more chess players in the coming days...